Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Practise Spread

This will be my last dry run before I try to create the cover proper. We've been introduced to industry terminolgy such as loren ipsum (which is a form of placeholder text) and

Now, be prepared, I've used graphic imagery to bring together the theme of my spread which will be eligible bachelours (my reasoning is quite simple; I love the gall of the characters in the photos) but have blurred the image as to not distress.


This gentleman will be take up a whole page but I plan on using the various filters to make him look less appauling - in this case I think something simple like cutout will suffice.


*starting to wish I hadn't picked these images*

I reckon changing the picture simply to black and white will work fine for this image. I still don't understand why you'd want a picture in your living room of yourself wearing a monocle and brandishing a pack of cards, but anyway, he looks happy.




I used the loren ipsum placeholder text to fill where the text, title and subheading and blurred and then used the cutout filter for both images to make them look, well, a little more classy.

Despite the daft content I'm actually really pleased with how this looks. The blue colour scheme linking the subheading and starting letter look nice and the the cutout filter masks a lot of the oddballness of the fellow on the left - even with that giant crucifix he kind of blends into the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment