So, my theme is current and past artwork and I'll be doing a little bio type introduction of myself - oh dear, we'll see how that goes!
I'm going to have a brief look at the inspiration for my spread and some old portfolio pieces I will consider using.
Couldn't get a proper image of this but I absolutely loved the simplicity of this spread in one of Hazzels presentations. I instantly knew I wanted to emulate this type of look for my own spread but didn't want mine to be as photography heavy.
At the start of the year I spent a lot of time retouching old work with the dodge tool to put my blog. This has now become quite an advantage as I can quickly swap and change to find the best fit.
I think this print could be another great candidate. I was slightly disappointed early in the year when nobody seemed to give a (care in the world) about this as I was quite pleased with the result.
I've hammered this drawing to death throughout the course. Basically, I'll use it if everything is starting to look a bit barren and/or I need more black and white imagery.





No comments:
Post a Comment