Friday, 15 February 2013

Magazine Covers I'd like to emulate

Recently we were given a plethora of magazine examples to look at by Hazzel which are associated with our chosen theme. My favourite from the collection which consisted of Q, V.S., MEAN and Vogue were the Dazed and Confused cover designs.


Text wise they weren't particularly heavy and it looks like the designers here have a lot of freedom when creating a cover; the covers I saw were all vastly different.

I like the simple nature of these covers. They're so stylish with a different tweak of artistic flair for each issue. This particular one with Alicia Keys in silhouette is a favourite of mine.

Given my chosen picture of Kat I think the style above for the blur cover is exactly what I'm after. It allows me to make Kat the focal point of my cover while making a brief explaination of what the magazine will consist of.
Spot on. :)

This has also reminded me to add a barcode!


No comments:

Post a Comment