Saturday, 22 December 2012

Rough first attempt at creating a cover

In todays lesson Hazzel has taken us through a tutorial (see on how to create a magazine cover and shown us a few ways to manipulate different layers:


Here was my attempt. To break it down, I first cut out the image of Amy using the lasso tool. Then started a new a4 document.
I then imported the funky pre-created background and lay the image behind the photo of Amy. I procceeded to resize both to fit the a4 format. A good trick I learned here was holding the shift key while adjusting scale as this meant it would stay at the same aspect ratio; this meant the image would not look stretched.
I added another layer which and filled it with block colour.
The next process just involved experimenting with the various different filters in the window on the far right and adjusting them. I know this part is particularly important so i'm hoping it has all gone in!
Another slight adjustment was cutting the lips out using the lasso tool so the colour could show through.; this was so slight it's almost unnoticable.
The text was just chosen from the stock Photoshop font selection. I've added a weak drop shadow to the title and subheading (why, why, why, which referenced the long over running Queen project).
A good dry run overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment